If you’re looking for a fun and historical way to spend the weekend, please consider attending the upcoming event at Historic Mansker’s Station in Goodlettsville, TN on Saturday-Sunday, October 3-4, 2009.
Besides the reenactment, there will be some wonderful military artifacts on display during the event, all from private collections. These include:
– General William Bowen Campbell’s sword and other artifacts. Campbell commanded the 1st Tennessee Infantry in the Mexican War. Ft. Campbell is named for him.
– CS General Albert Sidney Johnston’s sword worn at the Battle of Shiloh where he was killed. His Mexican War sword will also be displayed.
– CS Gen. Earl Van Dorn’s sword
– artifacts from CS Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest
– artifacts from Confederate president Jefferson Davis
To get directions go to Mapquest and type in the address below. It is in the Nashville metro area.
Have a fun weekend and help support this wonderful historic event.
Historic Mansker’s Station
A division of Goodlettsville Parks and
705 Caldwell Lane | Goodlettsville, TN 37072 | 615.859.FORT